Each store will provide the following professional services. Services will vary depending upon locations and demand. The Carbon America (CA) staff can provide full training for franchise owners for these services along with technical documentation for self education on the each topic.
A. Carbon Foot Print (CFP) Calculation, Carbon-O (CO) review and CARS rating:
1. CFP calculation: This service will be provided for free by the staff members. Clients can either do the calculations by theirself on the CA web site at home or using one of the stores computers with assistance by staff members. CA will charge a minimal fee of $150 if the customers would like them to come to their home and calculate the clients CFP. This fee will be waived if the customer is a CA club member and has purchased $1000 worth of products in the past 6 months.
2. Carbon-O Review: For a fee of $250, the CA team will work with each customer to achieve a Carbon-O plan for their home. This will include a (CFP) calculation and site survey review. Note this is a condensed version of the CARS rating and only includes the home survey not occupants lifestyle review. 30% of this fee can be reimbursed if the customer spends more than $2500 for additional services. CA club member will receive a 10% discount; non members will also receive a $105 discount if they purchased products as a result of the visit totaling more than $100. These fees do not include the renting of special testing equipment.
3. CARS rating: This is an in-depth rating of the entire home and occupants lifestyle based on our very own Carbon America Rating System (CARS) in an attempt to help customers achieve the ultimate Carbon America transformation, moving toward a Carbon- O healthy and sustainable lifestyle. There is a $1000 FEE for this service. 50% of this fee can be reimbursed if the customer spends more than $3500 for additional services.
B. Carbon Make Over Energy Renovation Service
1. The client will be required to have had a CO review. The CA team will work with each customer to achieve their own Carbon-O (Carbon Neutral Living) goals which could include reducing their carbon foot print, energy consumption, or just VOC review within their home and office through the installation of items such as Photo-voltaic, geothermal heat pumps, new appliances, energy monitoring controls or just new windows, flooring, siding and insulation upgrades. The CA staff will either provide design and Construction Management CM services for these modifications or just provide design and performance specification, bidding and construction review services so that the customer can get their own quotes. These services will vary depending upon the stores capabilities and location. As an option the store can just do the design and have preferred contractors/installers who will be required to purchase supplies from the CA store for these services.
C. Home thermal scanning and air leakage testing.
1. These tests will identify air leakage (blower door) and heat loss or gain utilizing thermal imaging camera's. These are more in-depth tests for energy reduction. The CA staff will make recommendations on repairs if needed.
D. VOC, Radon and EMF Testing.
1. These tests will identify potential harmful environmental issue within the customer’s home and make recommendations.
E. Energy Water Testing
1. The CA staff will set up energy and water monitoring/usage testing on appliances and equipment within the customer’s home to see which areas they could assist in energy and water use reduction and make recommendations.
F. Air and Water Quality Testing
1. The CA staff will provide air and water quality testing equipment within the customer’s home both inside and out to help improve the home environment.
G. Sustainable Cleaning and Lawn Care Services
1. The CA staff will provide natural and organic home cleaning and sustainable lawn care service. The stores will also offer Bau-biologist evaluation and Sustainable Landscaping Consulting. This service will depend upon the store location and capabilities. As an option the store can have preferred contractors/installers who will be required to purchase supplies from the CA store for these services.
H. CM holistic and Raki Services
1. The CA staff will provide natural and organic holistic medicine and consultation. Raki services will also be available. This service will depend upon the store location and capabilities.
I. CA Fitness Packages:
1. The CA staff will work with local fitness facilities and trainers to provide discount on these service along with the sale of organic vitamin supplements.
J. CA Salon Packages:
1. The CA staff will work with local salons to provide discount on these service and will use only CA purchased hair, nail and other beauty products at a discount.
K. CA Transportation Packages:
1. The CA staff will work with local buses, trains, taxis, bike shops to provide discount on these service.
L. CA Recycling Service:
1. The CA staff will work with local recycling companies to assist in obtain assistance and information on availability of local service. The staff will hold local drives for different materials and assist in construction demolition programs.
M. Incentive and Grant Advisors:
1. The CA staff will work with local utility and government organizations to provide assistance and information on availability state and federal incentives, tax deductions and grants.